The G-17 SD is a silenced semi-auto pistol featured in IGI 2. It is the silent version of Glock 17 from Project IGI, but is considerably more powerful, despite a attached suppressor.
G-17 SD is the starting weapon in all Russian missions except Border Crossing. It is quite useful due to its suppressed nature, as stealth is vital in most of the Russian missions. It could be used from a medium range, but with less damage though. Although it is silent, enemies close to the player could still listen to it. Furthermore, an enemy not killed but injured by its shot can alert other guards too.
In mutiplayer, G-17 SD is the only weapon the player starts with if IGI team is chosen.
IGI 2: Covert Strike: Edit
- Infiltration: Given at the beginning of the mission
- Deep in the mines: Can be carried over from the previous mission
- The Weather Station: Can be carried over from the previous mission, and supplied via the airdrop that contains the PSG-1 SD and Laser Cutter.
- Bridge across the Denstr: Given at the beginning of the mission
- Ambush: Can be carried over from the previous mission.
- Production Facility: Given at the beginning of the mission.Robert Quest is also shown holding the gun in the cutscene.