Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The M16A2 is an automatic assault rifle, that is useful in close-quarter battles and for basic sniping, being more accurate than the AK-47. It is never carried by any enemies, so its ammo must be conserved unlike weapons that groups of enemies wield. It also has a M203 grenade launcher which is effective against small groups of enemies. It is a noisy weapon and typically gives away the player's location, though it is suitable for sniping being moderately accurate even at ranges greater than 250m. Though the M16A2 is depicted of being capable of automatic fire, in real life it only fires three round bursts.
- Starting weapon in certain missions and also found in enemy's barracks in some missions. Wielded by friendlies but not by any enemies.
- M16A2's rate of fire: 600 RPM
- M203 Grenade Launcher's rate of fire: 40 RPM
- Has a 20 rounds magazine and share ammo with the Minimi.
- The Grenade Launcher incorrectly functions like a shotgun - after each shot, Jones simply pumps the handle in instead of ejecting the shell and insert a new grenade in.
- Starting weapon in missions Bridge Across the Dnestr, Ambush and Production Facility. Wielded by friendlies in cutscenes but not by any enemies.
- M16A2's rate of fire: 900 RPM
- M203 Grenade Launcher's rate of fire: 20 RPM
- Long distances: Inaccurate and wastes valuable ammo. Also alerts the enemy, when quieter weapons such as the G-17SD can be used to maintain stealth.
- Short distances: Very effective even against large groups of enemies, being a type of submachine rifle. Best suited to close-quarter battles. Its grenade launcher can be used in desperate situations though more ammo is never available.
- Has a 30 rounds magazine, allowing it to take down more enemies between reload.
- Grenade Launcher now correctly functions as its real life counterpart, but Jones can only carry a maximum of 3 grenades and no ammo can be found in enemy base.
- In both games, Jones holds the magazine and keeps his finger ready at the grenade launcher's trigger so it can be fired immediately upon pressing Alternate Fire. When reloading however, he holds the barrel and swap magazine with his right hand, unlike the Type 64 SMG.
- Friendly troops use the M16 A2 at the final cutscene in IGI 2 while battling the Chinese. However, it incorrectly uses G36's firing sound.