The MP5A3 is a submachine gun, featured in IGI 2: Covert Strike, but is also present in Project IGI in its silenced form, Mp5SD3.
Mp5A3 is given to the player at the beginning of the first three missions of the game, but it's quite useless as all these missions require stealth, especially first one. It is also found on a Libyan guard in the mission The Airfield.
It also has a fire mode selector, allowing players to use different fire modes depending on the situation and ammo. Burst mode is useful while conserving ammo and dealing with less enemies, while auto mode could be used to deal with large number of enemies.
Mp5A3 is the unsilenced version of Mp5SD3 from Project IGI, but has no scope like former.
IGI 2: Covert Strike: Edit
- Infiltration: Given at the beginning of the mission
- Deep in the mines: Given at the beginning of the mission
- The Weather Station: Given at the beginning of the mission
- The Airfield: Found on a guard
- When trading the MP5A3 with another weapon, it is simply referred to as "MP5".
- In the intro cutscene of the Secret Weapons Lab mission, Jones is briefly seen holding an MP5A3, which is strange considering the fact that the weapon isn't available in any of the Chinese missions.