The Map Computer gives the player a realtime satellite image of the terrain with unit positions, and through it (IGI 2 only) the player can also access a limited save game system (2-5 saves). Objectives are also stored in the same computer, as uploaded by the Mission Director (Anya or White). It also helps Jones hack into security systems, providing the software that is necessary to break into the door keypad codes. See Door Hacking.
Unlike equipment that must be used when near certain objects, the Map Computer can be activated at any time using a hotkey, since it is equipment that Jones always carries.
- Branded as SIMOTECH.
- Monocrome screen (greenish color).
- Highlight keypoints as red text.
- Highlight and track enemies as red triangle (required zooming in).
- In Mission 7, 8 (first half), 13 (During the tunnel section) and 14, the map computer is unavailable and pressing its button will only bring up the Log / Objective screen.
- Branded as ZIMO-TECH.
- Full color view.
- Highlight and track enemies (in a pentagon shape, does not require zooming in).
- Access to IGI HQ (save/load game).
- It's partially damaged at the start of Mission 7, showing a cracked up screen.
- It's unavailable at the start of Mission 9 until Jones recovers it after escaping from his cell.
- In Mission 17, the Map Computer shows a non-real time layout of the Temple after Jones acquired the blueprints in the nearby cabinets. If this objective is skipped, this is the only time the Map Computer won't show any screen other than log, objective and IGI HQ.