The Dragunov is a scoped sniper rifle. In IGI 1 it is silenced, but in IGI 2 it is not, and as such creates a loud bang when fired, alerting guards to the presence of a sniper and therefore cannot be used in situations where stealth is vital.
- Maximum rate of fire: 52 RPM
- Stealthy unlike in IGI 2
- The Dragunov can be found used by enemy snipers. In some missions, you spawn with it.
- It is one of, if not the most valuable, weapon in the game. It can kill any target in one head shot, and can kill regular guards with one, no matter where the bullet hits. Its only downfall is the lack of ammo for it in most missions; therefore, it should primarily be used on high-priority targets, such as enemy snipers, enemies that are in bunkers, and are visible from the outside, and enemies that are on high places.
- If you have a surplus of ammo, you can also use it on everybody, which makes running around in bases much safer.
- Maximum rate of fire: 30 RPM
- Unlike in IGI 1, the SVD Dragunov makes more noise so using this can be a bit difficult for stealth missions
- Max range: 1000m
- In IGI 1, it is called "Dragunov"; this is also the case for IGI 2 in the HUD during gameplay. When trading it with another weapon in IGI 2, it is referred to as "SVD Dragunov".